Sunday, December 27, 2015

A Shared Poem for Mother & Son

A Shared Poem for Mother & Son
mother son hands.jpeg

Mother’s Voice
Shared
Son’s Voice

I can’t believe you’re my

Son.

Mother.

We have nothing in common and are nothing alike.


You

Dance.




I sing.
I sing.




You dance.

Arguing all the while.


You say I

Don’t listen.

Don’t hear you.

And it frustrates me that we fight.


When, truth is, I want to

Help you be your best.

Make you proud.

Show you

I understand.

I’ve got it covered.

Convince you

I’m your biggest cheerleader.

I know you’re my biggest fan.

Please I remember I will

Overreact.

Make mistakes.

Remember I am not perfect and that I still

Love you.

Need you.

And am trying to do my best.


So where do we go from here?

I pray.




I apologize.
I regret.




I keep trying.
I worry.




I pause.

We’re going to make it. Because in the end,


I’m  passionate,


I’m loving,


And a little bit crazy.


And I want to really breathe in life.


So,

I’ll worry less.




Listen more.
Work to let things go.




Show you I know.

And trust

That I’ve taught you the way to go.

That you’ve taught me the way to go.

Because in the end,


I love you.


mother son.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Reactions? Your feedback is welcomed. I don't know what you're thinking unless you share. Looking for something specific, let me know!